I’ve offered four tools you can use to get you through any dreaded situation. I use the letters BVMS to help me (and you) remember what they are.
1. Lamaze Breathing – Techniques created to help with pain during childbirth
Breathing through the pain
2. Dr. Weil’s Breathing Techniques – Becoming conscious of every breath, both in and out.
3. Mary’s Breathing Box – Breathing in, holding it, then breathing out four times, while counting
4. Spiritual Breathing – Techniques that help you connect to your inner spirit
1. Imaginary Visualizations – Guided Imagery
2. Factual Visualizations
1. Mantras for Transcendental Meditation
2. Other Kinds of Mantras
3. Factual Mantras
4. Spiritual Mantras
1. Surrender – Sinking Into Whatever Situation You Find Yourself
2. Step-By-Step – Being Completely in This Moment
The second part of the series dealt with Taking Care of Yourself while you’re going through this difficult time.
Taking Care of Yourself
1. Be Grateful for what you have and Keep Moving Forward.
3. Eat Healthy
4. Get Educated about your situation
6. Use Humor to help yourself get through this.
7. Listen to calming Music
8. Find a Hobby
9. Start Journaling about what you’re going through.
10. Touch the Earth
11. Try using Aromatherapy
12. Let People Help You
13. Find a Support Group
14. Get a Massage
And, finally, Good Luck to you! May your pain and fear be assuaged. And may you come out the other end of this difficult time in your life a healthier and happier person. Winston Churchill once said, “When you’re going through hell, keep going.” I hope these tools I’ve presented will help you to “keep going” all the way through to the other side!