We visited many sites before choosing one for our daughter’s wedding. These were our
favorites, ranked in no particular order.
1. Senson House
1. The Senson House is a lovely, historic house on the Cabrillo College Campus that is also
the home of the Cabrillo College Culinary Arts Program. Catering for all events is provided
by the students in this program.
2. The ceremony and reception can be held either in the house, which seats 100 guests, or
outside, on the adjoining terrace, that seats 200.
3. The rental fee is $2,200 for up to 100 guests and $2,500 for up to 200. There is a security
deposit fee of $500. The Senson House is available for 8 hours from Friday through Sunday,
from 11am to 11pm.
2. Rancho Soquel
1. Rancho Soquel is actually the residence of a sculptor and her husband, who is a retired judge.
Her works are found throughout the property, flanking all the beautiful gardens she has
created. Be sure to view the slideshow on the website.
2. The ceremony and reception can be held in different venues on the property, all outdoors.
The larger areas can accommodate up to 250 guests.
3. The rental fee is $6,000 for up to 200 people and $7,000 for up to 250. Rancho Soquel holds
only 10 weddings a year throughout the summer and into early fall.
3. Highlands Park
1. The 43-acre Highland Park is a Santa Cruz County park that includes the historic
Highland House. Both the property and house are beautifully maintained.
2. The ceremony and reception can be held at various locations on the property or in
the house. The capacity is 200 people, both inside and out, from April-October, and 100
inside from November through March. So, this is ideal for a winter wedding.
3. The rental fee for Santa Cruz County residents is $992-$1,088 for 8 hours and $124-
$138 for each additional hour. There is a $200 security deposit if alcohol is served.
The property is available year-round, from 10am-midnight Friday and Saturday, and
10am-10pm Sunday through Thursday.
1. If amazing ocean views is what you’r e after, then Chaminade is for you. It is
actually a full-service resort where the bride and groom and guests could stay after
the wedding. Catering is done by the resort.
2. The ceremony can be held outdoors only, year-round, in various venues on the
property (there is no seating indoors). The capacity is 250 guests. However, 250 people
can be accommodated inside for dancing and cocktails.
3. A non-refundable $1,000-$5,000 deposit is required for all weddings. Wedding packages,
including food and service, run from $94 – $154 per person. Beverages, tax and service
charges are not included. Chaminade is available year-round on weekends, from 5pm-
1. Seascape is a 4-star resort atop a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. If you’re looking for
a venue that can handle everything, from the rehearsal dinner to a getaway for the bride
and groom, this is your place.
2. Most weddings are held on the tenth green of the golf course, an area that can seat up to
300 guests. The Monarch Room, too, is a beautiful venue and can seat 240. The reception
and dancing are usually held in that room.
3. Ceremony packages run from $800.- $1,150. Dinners start at $85/ person, excluding tax
nd beverages.Seascape is available year-round, from 6am to midnight.
6. Hollins House
1. Hollins House is a historic home located at the Pasatiempo Golf Course. It is located on a
knoll overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The wedding co-ordinator will help with all the
arrangements, from the menu to music.
2. Weddings are held outside on the patio, which can accommodate 250 guests.
The reception can also be held there or in the main dining room, which has large
windows looking out to the ocean and can seat 300.
3. The facility fee for the entire Hollins House range from $3,500-$$5,500. Meals run
from $40.- $55. per person, excluding beverages and tax. Hollins House is available
Saturday, from 11am- 4pm or 4pm-11pm, or Sunday from 4pm-9pm.
7. Sand Rock Farm
1. Historic Sand Rock Farm is a bed and breakfast nestled in 10 acres of storybook
woodlands. Weddings and receptions can be held in different venues, both indoors
2. The ceremony and reception can be held outdoors in the Redwood Grove or in the
Winery Meadow, both of which can accommodate up to 250 seated guests. Both events
can also be held indoors, in the rustic Carriage Barn or in the Heart Redwood Pavilion,
both of which can seat 150.
3. Rental fees range from $1,000.-$4,000, depending on the venues rented. Meals range
from $35.-$100 per person, not including tax and alcohol. Sand Rock Farm is available
year-round, from 9am-9pm.
1.Be sure to view the slideshow on the homepage and you will see what a truly magical place
this 35-acre property really is.
2. Both the ceremony and reception can be held either indoors, in The Barn, which holds
150 seated guests, on The Main Lawn, which seats 300, or in The Outdoor Chapel
(a breathtaking redwood grove) that will hold 225 seated guests.
3. Rental fees range from $3,500-$15,000, depending on the time of year, number of guests,
and the spaces rented. Nestldown can be rented year-round from 8 am to 11 pm. Not all
venues on the property are available from December through March.
9. River House
1. River House is a rustic country estate with a 10,000 square foot lawn and a large patio
that serves as a dance floor.
2. This is an outdoor venue that can seat up to 250 guests. There is a gazebo and a
wisteria-covered arbor that can be used in the ceremony.
3. Fees range from $5,500.-$7,500, depending on the guest count. River House is available
May through October, from 10am to dusk.
10. Monarch Cove
1. Monarch Cove is a bed and breakfast retreat, set on a cliff overlooking the Pacific
Ocean. Weddings take place on the lawn or the deck, and the reception is held on the
terrace or on the deck. the wedding party usually takes over the inn for the weekend.
2. This is an outdoor venue that can seat up to 150 guests in any of its spaces.
3. Fees range from $4,000.-$10,000, depending on the date and event. Monarch Cove
is available year-round daily, from 10am to 6pm.